March 4, 2015

Why AEMmakeup?

I keep getting many questions on what is happening. I think I have confused a lot of people, because to you, it probably seems like this is a sudden investment. I will just say, that I didn't wake up one day and decide that this was what I wanted. I contemplated doing this about a year ago, but I talked myself out of this several times now. I did wake up one day, and decide to make the change, and I am so happy that I did. I love what I am doing. I appreciate all of the love and support my friends and family have shown me. You are all so amazing. So while we are on that note, I am in the process of starting a business. 

I started by calling people. Lots and lots of people. Schools, businesses, salons, etc. You name it. I called it. I started by doing a lot of research and I had so many makeup artists advise me, that if makeup is what I am interested in doing, not to go to a beauty school for it. They focus on more things than makeup, and I am most interested in makeup at this time. For now I am self taught, but I have some future things coming up, that I will address at another time.

I have loved makeup since I was five. Literally. I got to wear makeup for the first time when I was 12, and I loved it. I wouldn't every say I was good at it, but I loved it.
About two years ago, I bought my first set of makeup brushes. I had done my research on the exact brand, style, and types of brushes that were going to fit me and my every day needs. I purchased a Sigma set, and quickly picked up on different techniques, and ways to apply my makeup. It wasn't until I started doing makeup on other people, that I realized how much I actually enjoy it. I feel good, making other people feel good.


The purpose of my blog is to help other women (or men) who are venturing out in the makeup world. Being a stay at home mom myself, I can share some really great affordable products, and a few different tips and tricks for you too! I am not a beauty expert by any means, but I do know what it is like to be stuck in the same routine and want something different. I have tried many things and I know what works for me. Hopefully it works for you too! I hope you find something useful in my blog, and I am sorry that it has taken so long to get it up. It is still a work in progress. 


Don't forget, that makeup is just makeup. It doesn't have to be scary. It is just for fun. The most important thing, is that you feel comfortable with yourself before you apply your makeup. You are beautiful with or without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment