May 30, 2015

Photo Shoot with Erin Holmstead Photography and Carrie Purser

My final day for my Makeup Artistry Apprenticeship has come and passed. It was a day that I thought would never arrive, and yet, it came before I was ready for it to be over. Carrie Purser will forever be my friend, my mentor, and my idol. I am so extremely thankful for everything she has done for me. On our last day I was given an assignment: A Four Page Beauty Story. As I sat there for days debating what a "beauty story" actually was, I came up with the idea of showing what I know, and showing who I am: a lover of nature, and natural beauty. I wanted to combine both of these ideas, while using techniques of what I have learned throughout my course. I wanted my makeup, and accessories to flow along with the nature theme. I wanted a soft flow, of hair, accessories, and clothing. If you couldn't tell by now... My brain thinks way too much into things (and I completely missed the concept).
 
 
I might have missed the concept a bit, but its all learning. I feel good being honest about who I am, where I started, and how far I have come. Huge thanks to Erin Holmstead Photography for shooting this for us, she has some amazing techniques for getting that perfect shot. Also huge thanks to Carrie Purser, for her amazing talent with hair, and for making all of this happen!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment