March 5, 2015

Photoshoot with Canyon Winds Photography

Back in January I asked Molly, the owner of Canyon Winds Photography if she would like to collaborate with me so we could get some pictures for both of our portfolios. If you haven't seen her stuff, you should definitely check it out! She is one amazingly talented mommy, (but you'll have to hold off on your request for photos right now). Molly is an amazing person. She is so sweet and when I asked her about collaborating she was all for doing anything she could to help me get started. That's what I love about her! She definitely goes out of her way for others. 

We grabbed a couple of models, Shelby and Katy. Both are just so extremely gorgeous. These pictures blow me away every time I see them. Molly did a great job at capturing all of their beauty. On Shelby I made a harsh outer edge, and smudged a darker color from the outer, to inner corner. I really made sure to blend until all of that came together and placed a lighter color towards the inner corner of her eye, to really make that fade nicely. On her lips and cheeks we used a nice medium-nude pink shade. Remember that with outdoor photography, everything is lightened by two shades. Don't be afraid to pack on a little more contour, blush, and lip color. You can see that I was afraid to do that here, and that is okay. I am posting here to watch myself grow as well, and this is definitely a lesson to learn from.


Can we just talk about how beautiful she is though? Stunning.


I tried to do something a little different on Katy. She is younger, and therefore, I didn't want to go too dark and smokey like we did Shelby. I took some lighter brown shades and built a foundation for a golden orange pigment. I gently pressed the pigment on her lids, and did a slight wing. I think Katy was getting a little nervous with the eyeliner, but I definitely can't blame her!  I added a golden liquid and pencil liner to the bottom, underneath her lashes. It turned out so nice. She is such a beautiful girl. I wanted to keep her youth, but give her more of a "grown up" look.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment