April 1, 2015

About Brushes Part 2.

Hi guys! Sorry it has taken so long to get this post up. We just got a puppy, and life has been chaotic to say the least. Here is this post about brush cleaning, as promised!


I use two things to clean my brushes. I use the elf brand makeup cleanser and spritz my brushes for daily use, it is cheap, it works, and it smells amazing. For deep cleaning my brushes, I use a very simple, cheap, and easy formula, and it works better than anything else I have ever tried (thanks pinterest).
Easy Brush Cleaner:
 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar
 1 tablespoon of blue dawn dish soap
1 cup of steaming hot water

Directions
Begin by pouring the hot water into a large cup, or jar. Measure out the tablespoon of soap and vinegar and mix until it is combined. THATS IT!!
Place your brushes underneath warm water to rinse off any dirt. Place the brushes, one or two at a time and let sit about 30 seconds, and swirl until the brush looks clean. You may need to make more of the brush cleaner, and repeat this step. I start with the least dirty and work my way to the most dirty. Rinse them off again, try to gently press any excess water out, reshape, and
dry. I like to roll a towel on each end, and that way I can dry more this way. Always face your brushes down. They can breed mold between the wet bristles and it wont dry if they are placed with the brush head up. Once my brushes are completely dry, I fluff and reshape them again. I do this once a week, for my own personal use.



I am not an expert in brush cleaner. I have used this method for about two years, and haven't noticed a problem with any of my brushes. This could have different results for you, as I am not a "brush cleaning expert" please use this method at your own risk. I will say that I have tried numerous things to clean brushes, and this by far gets them the most clean. I did not come up with this method on my own, I just came across a pin on pinterest for it. It did not have a link, but if anyone finds one then please post down in the comments.

 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment